Why opt for a Cyber Assessment and Security Maturity Service?
Why Choose Di8it for Cyber Assessment and Security Maturity Service?
Our services are very flexible and scaled according to your company’s needs. We ensure compliance with industry standards and classify their severity to prioritize and deal with major problems first.
Modern cyber security tools like CIS Critical Security Controls greatly assist in cyber security evaluations. These tests embody detailed assessments of infrastructure controls, designs, and practices for data security. This helps in estimating the maturity level of your cyber defenses, which further facilitates us in recommending actionable steps to counter emerging, pervasive threats and attack chains.
Our cyber security assessment and security maturity service conduct detailed evaluations of the organisation’s data security plans using industry standards, benchmarks, and innovative tools. These tests help business owners make well-informed, key security decisions. This helps ensure that your security infrastructure and strategy give you the best protection possible while meeting or exceeding industry-specific compliance standards.
As the first step in conducting cybersecurity evaluations and security maturity assessment, Di8it’s experienced professionals study your existing infrastructure and compare it to each control and sub-control provided by CIS Top 20. This helps us identify the security controls that need to be strengthened and those that are already up-to-date.
At Digit Labs, we use innovative, industry-leading tools and benchmarks to evaluate your security infrastructure and assist you in developing an actionable plan for future growth and continuity. Using CIS Security Metrics and the CIS Top 20 Controls, we help gauge your current cybersecurity setup to develop a better understanding of existing and future vulnerabilities that emerge because of the organization scaling up.
Di8it works with your IT and security teams, as well as your management and business operations teams to develop a better understanding of your business logic and culture. Once we understand how your organization works, we get to work putting together actionable plans to help bolster your cybersecurity for better threat prevention and incident response.
Types of Cyber Assessment and Security Maturity
Ongoing Security Gap Assessment
One-Time Security Gap Assessment
- Ongoing assessments adopt a systematic approach to evaluate your current cybersecurity measures. . We work with your IT team to get a better understanding of your infrastructure and use CIS controls to identify vulnerabilities and gaps in your security. We then suggest the most effective methods to bolster any weak spots we find to make it more secure and compliant with industry and regulatory standards.
- We stay on top of emerging threats and changing standards to ensure your security controls are up to date. Our regular monitoring and testing of your infrastructure enables us to keep you updated about latent vulnerabilities and security updates needed to improve your threat-detection, incident-response protocols, and scanning tools. This helps us sustain security maturity as your organization grows.
- Assessments can take place remotely, on-site, or a combination of both as required.
- A one-time security gap assessment offers a single thorough examination of your cybersecurity setup by our experienced security consultants. They examine your security controls and infrastructure for weaknesses and offer remediation methods.
- A one-time assessment helps visualize your current cybersecurity situation to develop a scalable plan that accounts for future growth.
- The assessment can be conducted on-site or remotely as needed.
- While one-time assessments help establish the current state of an organization’s cybersecurity and identify the steps needed for compliance, an ongoing assessment is better at testing the effectiveness of your controls as your security needs evolve.
Our Cyber Assessment Methodology
- Define Scope
- Level 1- Evaluate Basic Controls:
- Level 2 - Foundational Controls:
- Level 3 - Evaluate Organizational Controls
- Continuous Evaluation:
Before we can get started with the evaluation, we consult the client and define the scope of the assessment and the client’s requirements. This stage consists of the following activities:
- First, the in-scope, out-scope elements are distinguished, as well as the project’s limitations and exclusions. At Di8it, we use CIS Top 20 Controls to protect sensitive assets by analyzing and testing your current security setup. The assets we focus on include your sensitive information, infrastructure, and applications. This helps us evaluate your current, pre-selected controls to gauge their effectiveness against future threats and standards. This also helps identify the maturity level of your controls and security policy. We also devise upgrade plans and roadmaps for your infrastructure to meet your future requirements.
- Finalizing a duration for the assessment.
Using CIS Security Metrics gives us an edge because it is the globally recognized, industry-leading benchmark for cyber assessments. From compliance with industry standards and regulations to reliable, effective metrics to measure the performance of security strategies, it helps us secure your most sensitive assets and is the most critical part of the assessment. Each basic core business function is assessed and given an individual score to identify weak spots that need more attention. These evaluations establish a strong foundation to build a long-term security plan that scales with your organization’s growth. In this stage, our team follows basic cyber hygiene methods on areas such as those mentioned below:
- Inventory and Control of Hardware Assets
- Inventory and Control of Software Assets
- Continuous Vulnerability Management
- Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
- Secure Configuration for Hardware and Software on Mobile Devices, Laptops, Workstations, and Servers
- Maintenance, Monitoring, and Analysis of Audit Logs
To protect your organizational assets, Di8it’s experts then use CIS Top 20 Foundational Controls to perform evaluations for intermediate cyber hygiene practices in the following areas:
- Email and Web Browser Protection
- Malware Defenses
- Limitation and Control of Network Ports, Protocols, and Services
- Data Recovery Capabilities
- Secure Configuration for Network Devices, such as Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Boundary Defense
- Data Protection
- Controlled Access Based on the Need to Know
- Wireless Access Control
- Account Monitoring and Control
Our team then assesses institutionalised management practices and starts implementing the CIS organization controls required to protect your company’s assets. This stage focuses on the following areas:
- Implement a Security Awareness and Training Program
- Application Software Security
- Incident Response and Management
- Penetration Tests and Red Team Exercises
Di8it understands the importance of proper documentation and reporting of our findings. To that effect, we generate a customized report for every assessment that documents our findings, as well as remedial suggestions to counter any vulnerabilities or shortcomings we find. We also record your security maturity level for that assessment to help align your infrastructure to your long-term, organizational growth plans.